Friday, June 7, 2013

Farmer's Wife Friday Link-Up!

This has been a rough week! My two girls go to a charter school and they are on a different schedule than my other two. While I've been seeing all kinds of photos and posts on how everyone is starting their summer, we've still got a couple of weeks of school left! Last night was Open House so the past week the girls were given all kinds of extra projects. Let's just say we had more than one late night working on things. So while some people are jumping into pools, I'm still making lunches! Can you tell I'm feeling sorry for myself? Doesn't help that the weather here in SoCal has been perfect. Okay, enough venting. I feel better.
 I did get a couple of blocks made this week! I loved the simplicity of Square Dance. And I loved that there was one large block. I have been dying to use the large gingham print again. But with so many tiny blocks I couldn't showcase it very well. So this block was the perfect chance to use it, yay! And paired with my favorite floral, it's just lovely.
This block was easier to put together than it looks, but I think using a gingham background fabric makes the imperfections show up a little too much. The strips look a little crooked but I think it may be just the way the gingham was cut. I'll keep it for now, but maybe I'll fix it later.
What blocks are you working on? Now's your chance to show and tell! Here's all you need to do:
1. Link up any post or picture from the past week that features your Farmer's Wife quilt progress.
2. You must LINK back to this post within your post. You can also grab a Farmer's Wife Friday button (on the right side bar).
3.
Have fun reading all the posts! Don't forget, everyone loves a nice comment! 



Loading InLinkz ...

I'm so grateful to have gotten through such a busy week! Here are my girl's and a couple of the projects they did. Hope you're enjoying the start of your summer, wish me luck for the next couple of weeks!

1 comment:

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Those are my favorite colors!

Where do you live?
Stefanie

Related Posts with Thumbnails